Skills4Good AI Careers
Join Our Mission
Create a human-centric AI world
Where AI is a force for good
We’re on a mission to create a human-centred AI world where AI is a force for good. We need teammates with grit, empathy and an entrepreneurial spirit to help us achieve this.
Job Title: Consultant, Privacy & AI Governance
We want to hire a Privacy & AI Governance Consultant. The initial engagement will be for 1 month (4 weeks of 20 hours/week) with the option to renew for the long term. This role will be performed in North America (EST) time zone.
We are looking to hire a team member who has an entrepreneurial spirit and the positive drive to get things done. Who wants to achieve purpose and meaning at work and make a positive difference in this AI-driven economy. Who wants to get on this exciting ground-floor, cutting-edge opportunity to grow and scale with our organization as we capitalize on the rapid acceleration of privacy and AI regulations emerging around the world.
To be a great fit for this role, you are someone who:
- Wants to be part of a small but high-growth and fast-paced tech start-up in the emerging privacy, data protection and AI regulatory sector
- Has at least 2+ years of proven experience and working knowledge in Privacy and Data Protection
- Is an independent, self-starter who is passionate about helping organizations build customer trust by defining and implementing pragmatic privacy and data protection programs and practices to manage privacy and security risks to ensure customer success
- Will play an important role in strengthening our company’s capabilities of operationalizing privacy programs, end-to-end, and building new services to support organization’s digital transformation strategies while ensuring responsible and ethical use of data and alignment with regulatory and legislative requirements.
We will expect you to:
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in privacy through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and the creation of high-quality deliverables
- Be responsible for delivery of privacy services to clients such as:
- Privacy program maturity assessments and roadmaps
- Privacy program design, implementation and automation
- Privacy impact assessments (PIA), or Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) or Privacy by Design (PbD)
- Data protection strategy and implementation
- Data mapping and inventories
- Data use governance and ethics
- Develop and deliver privacy training, courses, white papers, articles and blogs
- Provide client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements
- Work closely with customer prospects to ensure that the solutions being offered meets the customers’ required needs and delivers continued client success
- Facilitate collaboration with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value and bring new services
- Build trusted advisor relationships with our clients throughout the entire customer journey
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Assist in the coaching, development and training of team members
- Assist with business and practice development, proposals, marketing material, internal and external presentations, demonstrations, pre-sales and sales meetings, blogging and/or white paper development
- Complete other duties as assigned
You have the following credentials:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Successful completion of Bachelor’s Degree in law, computer science, privacy, business, technology, data analytics or a related field
- IAPP certification (s) such as CIPP, CIPT, CIPM, and/or other related certifications (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional work experience in defining and implementing privacy services & solutions
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of privacy principles, frameworks, legislation and methodologies within the context of privacy and information management (i.e. GAPP, Fair information principles, PIPEDA, GDPR, CASL, HIPAA, CCPA)
- Experience with Creating and Delivering Privacy Services (i.e. OneTrust Privacy Compliance Platform)(preferred)
You have the following core competencies and personal characteristics:
- Integrity – Professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – Displays enthusiasm, optimism and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
Diversity – Understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – Effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others that make an impact and persuade their intended audience(s)
- Client Service Excellence – Understands the importance of quality client service, proactively identifies client needs and creates strategies to proficiently serve clients
- Business Development – Looks for and seizes profitable business opportunities
- Forward Thinking – Anticipates the implications of situations, takes appropriate action as needed and prepares for possible contingencies
- Agility with Change – Initiates, sponsors and implements change by taking a facilitative catalyst role
- People Management & Leadership – Goal-driven leader who effectively manages self, others and teams to achieve goals
- Coaching – Takes responsibility for one’s own and team members’ performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals, promptly addresses performance issues, is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Work Ethic – Consistently performs to high quality standards, is dependable and has a constant drive to improve
- Strategic Planning – Analyzes the company’s competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential clients, and strengths and weaknesses of competitors
- Research & Analysis – Questions inconsistencies in information and generates workable solutions by analyzing, gathering and organizing relevant information
- Stress Management – Functions effectively when under pressure and maintains self-control in difficult situations
- Initiative – Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
Systematic and well-organized - Possess good prioritization/workload management abilities
- Commitment to self-learning and continuous skill and professional knowledge development
If the above describes you, then submit your application and come join our Skills4Good team as we help organizations achieve AI for Good!
Kind Words From Our Customers
I’m excited about this partnership with Skills4Good. In my experience, the most successful teams are built when diverse individuals with unique experiences choose to work together with a single purpose.
Skills4Good was recommended to us and so we registered our nonprofit. I like working with them because the process was fast and easy. I highly recommend them to my nonprofit sector colleagues.
Action Against Hunger Canada
Our partnership with Skills4Good is a unique opportunity for us to develop our talented Equifax leaders while making a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
I give Skills4Good an excellent rating. Their team was incredibly helpful, responsive and encouraging. They didn't rush the match, ensuring I had explored a variety of options to choose the right nonprofit for me. I would highly recommend working with Skills4Good, and think it's such a great non-financial benefit a company can offer their high valued employees. I strongly recommend them to my colleagues at RBC.
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
Skills4Good’s service was excellent in matching our busy Board with interested candidates. They got the ball rolling, did what they said they were going to do, and provided a great candidate who accepted a position with our Board. I highly recommend them to my nonprofit colleagues.
Immigrant Services Calgary
The quality of the Board Matching Program services I received from Skills4Good was excellent. I liked their personalized service, their online videos and their prompt response times. I highly recommend them to my colleagues at Enbridge.
I rate Skills4Good's matching services as excellent. I liked how prompt their team responds to my inquiries. They are very easy to work with.
Community Living Ontario Foundation
I appreciated that Skills4Good got to know me well. Their approach was very high touch and greatly helped with my selection of board opportunities. I give them an excellent rating!
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
Skills4Good is an excellent resource to find qualified Board members. They were always professional and supportive. The process was effortless, timely and successful!
Alberta Emerald Foundation
Skills4Good’s board matching services were excellent. The program was effective and efficient. Josephine was extremely relatable and supportive throughout the entire process. I highly recommend Skills4Good to my LGM colleagues.
LGM Financial Services
Skills4Good was very professional and efficient in matching us with great new board members! Their board matching services are excellent! I highly recommend them to my colleagues in the nonprofit sector.
Skills4Good’s services were excellent. Their communication was outstanding - clear, kind, and very punctual. The process was thorough and laid out clearly, which certainly built trust in not only Skills4Good, but in the candidate that was successfully matched with us. I really enjoyed working with them and am very excited that we're welcoming a new board member!
Calgary Young People's Theatre Society
I give Skills4Good’s services an excellent rating. I liked working with their team! They were very professional, warm and really cared that I ended up at a nonprofit that not only aligned with my passions, but that was also going to be a good fit with my personality. I highly recommend them to my colleagues at RBC.
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
We registered with Skills4Good to try a new recruitment method. The quality of their services was excellent. They had easy-to-use online tools and were very responsive with their feedback. I highly recommend them to my colleagues in the nonprofit sector.
Fair Haven Homes Society
Skills4Good invested a lot of work to ensure a great match. I am grateful to Skills4Good for my board appointment. Given their excellent service, I highly recommend them to my Enbridge colleagues!
Skills4Good was intentional about understanding our board needs. They presented excellent candidates and we’re thrilled with the outcome!
Community Foundation of Mississauga
The absolute professionalism, dedication to personal development and the opportunity to learn directly from the Skills4Good team was excellent. It is evident that they’re respected and connected within the industry. I highly recommend them to my colleagues at Shell.
We were in need of quality board members and were having a hard time connecting with the right individuals. The Skills4Good team was very professional. The candidate was well suited. Communication was easy and the process was efficient. I am very happy with their services. I highly recommend them to my nonprofit colleagues.
Janus Academy Society
I give Skills4Good an excellent rating. Their program worked perfectly for me. I liked how organized and methodical the matching program was. I also liked their team's individual and personalized approach. I would recommend them to my colleagues at Equifax.
We had been looking for some months to add new members to our Board of Directors. Skills4Good’s services were excellent. We liked working with them because of the quality of applicants we received. I highly recommend them to my colleagues in the nonprofit sector.
London Youth Advisory Council
I rate Skills4Good’s services as excellent. Everyone was very responsive and helpful. The board volunteer opportunities identified were very much what I was looking for and the Leaders on Board online course was interesting. I highly recommend them to my colleagues at Shell.
Skills4Good’s professionalism in finding someone for us was unbelievable and made my workload a lot easier as they did the legwork in finding someone. I give them an excellent rating and highly recommend them to my nonprofit colleagues.
Skills4Good is a professional organization to work with! Thanks so much for helping us find an amazing person to join our board! I highly recommend them to my nonprofit colleagues.
I liked Skills4Good’s personalized connections and excellent support they provided our nonprofit. I highly recommend them to my nonprofit colleagues. Their services were excellent.
Engineers of Tomorrow
Skills4Good has the nonprofit connections and methodology in place to first understand what resonated with me professionally and personally. They found the appropriate board contacts to facilitate my placement. I would recommend them to my colleagues at Shell.
We contacted Skills4Good because of their impressive reputation. Their board matching services are excellent! I enjoyed communicating with their team. They made the board matching process very smooth. I have only positive feedback from my experience with Skills4Good!
Centennial Infant and Child Centre
Skills4Good’s level of service and professionalism is top-notch. I liked their very high touch service and online board training. They made sure I understood everything and were there for me every step of the way. They really match personal passion to nonprofit. I give them an excellent rating and highly recommend them to my colleagues at LGM.
LGM Financial Services
The communications we received from Skills4Good was terrific. The candidate was a good match to our organization. I highly recommend them to my colleagues in the nonprofit sector.
Janus Academy Society
The Skills4Good team was very knowledgeable about the working of Boards and areas that would not be known by the more general audience. I would recommend them to my colleagues at Enbridge.
I give Skills4Good an excellent rating! Their matching process was spot on to connect applicants with the experience and interest to our nonprofit board. This is a great service to match volunteers with the right skill sets for boards. I highly recommend them to my nonprofit colleagues.